Civitella

Civitella is a hilltown situated at 725 meters above sea level. Since 1898 it has been part of the comune of Licenza. From the thirteenth to sixteenth century, it was the property of the Orsini family. In 1608, it was sold to the Borghese. Though it has never had more than a tiny population, it has been inhabited at least since 1215. (We have a reference to its parish church - dedicated to Saints Philip and James - in a document of that date.

Table of Contents Overview Study Center New Excavations For Our Friends
Table of
Contents
Overview Study
Center
New
Excavations
For our
Friends